||Web resource, Knowledge resource
||In 2014, a new phase of the GCCA, the GCCA+ flagship initiative, began in line with the European Commission’s new Multiannual Financial Framework (2014-2020).
The GCCA+ aim is to boost the efficiency of its response to the needs of vulnerable countries and groups. Using ambitious and innovative approaches, it will achieve its goals by building on its two mutually reinforcing pillars:
* GCCA+ serves as a platform for dialogue and exchange of experience between the EU and developing countries, focusing on climate policy and bringing renewed attention to the issue of international climate finance.
* the GCCA+ acts as a source of technical and financial support for the world's most climate-vulnerable countries, LDCs and SIDs.
GCCA+'s technical support focuses on three priority areas:
* Climate change Mainstreming and poverty reduction
* increasing resilience to climate-rleated stresses and shocks
* sector-based adaptations and mitigations strategies.
The GCCA+ Portal provides information on the national and regional programmes in 38 countries, events, stories and blogs, annual reports, technical papers, and training materials.
|1.1 Socio- economic Sector (OECD)
||430xx Climate Change Adaptation
410 Environmental protection
420 Women in development (WID)
43040 Rural Development
|1.2 Institutional dimension
||Legislation & law enforcement
Organizational change & learning
Finance & Credit
Social- livelihood systems/ Gender
Knowledge Management & Communication
|1.4 Target group(s)
||2. SMEs/Private sector
5. Decision makers/Policymakers
3. Intermediary organisations
6. General public/Opinion makers
1. Local communities
4. Research community