||P.O. Box 330-40606
||Strengthening local communities
||Civil Society ('Not-for-Profit')
||Ugunja Community Resource Centre (UCRC) was founded in 1988 in Siaya District of western Kenya.
UCRC acts as an umbrella organization for more than 60 local community groups including women, children, youth, farmers and people with disabilities.
|| UCRC works toward a community where people - women, men, youth, children, people with disabilities, people living positively with HIV/AIDS are empowered. We empower people through access to useful skills and knowledge, and by encouraging unity amongst community groups.
UCRC strives to:
* Promote networking and strengthen both groups and individuals on appropriate technologies for environmental development
* Provide information which is readily available and accessible to groups and individuals regarding appropriate technologies for environmental development
* Provide a forum for sharing and exchanging information
* Facilitate resource mobilization in promoting group activities.
Our programs are divided into four categories:
* Finance and Administration
* Adaptive Research and Information Technology
* Advocacy and Networking
* Affiliated Projects.
For more information see our website.
|1.1 Socio- economic Sector (OECD)
43040 Rural Development
|1.2 Institutional dimension
||Information & Communication
Organizational change & learning
Social- livelihood systems/ Gender
|1.4 Target group(s)
||1. Local communities
2. SMEs/Private sector
4. Research community
|5.2 Content Development
||1. Print media
5. New Media
6. Local language
7. Local knowledge
|5.3 Service Delivery Channel
3. Mobile Service