by Paul Barera
The Rwanda Telecentre Network (RTN), in partnership with the Technical Centre for Agriculture and Rural Cooperation (CTA) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI) is organizing a Web 2.0 Learning Opportunity starting in Kigali. The training will run from on Monday 07th to 11th Novembre 2011. Participants to the training include people from government institutions, Telecentres, and civil society organizations. Participants will be introduced to selected web 2.0 applications and will learn how to use them hands-on.
The Learning Opportunity will cover advanced online searching, getting information served via alerts and RSS, collaborating remotely using wikis and Google Docs, using VoIP, online mapping and social networking. Participants will get a chance to see what others have done, get hands-on experience on how to use innovative applications, and assess how they could adopt these innovations within the context of their work and organization. These Learning Opportunities form part of CTA initiatives that support development partners in networking, accessing and disseminating information more effectively.
Programme of the Learning Opportunity
• Introduction to the participatory World Wide Web (Web 2.0)
• Search Magic: How to conduct advanced multilingual online searches;
• Information Self Service: How to get selected information served to you via alerts and RSS feeds;
• Remote collaboration: How to develop content remotely using wikis and Google Docs;
• Online mapping: How to locate your organisation and your projects on a online Map;
• How to communicate voice over the internet at no cost;
• Online publishing (micro-blogging and blogging);
• Professional / corporate social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook);
• Web 2.0 self-instruction (introduction to iMARK)